We’re living in a crazy and hectic world where everything keep on changing by the second. Most of us find it hard to cope with obstacles crossing our daily routine, causing us to feel more more stressed. The way we react to challenges could affect our physical and mental state in a negative way. Our nervous system reacts to stressful events to help us protect ourselves but in a more dangerous and challenging situation. Here are some relaxation techniques that will work instantly.
- Practice deep breathing: exhale as slowly as you can and take 10 deep breaths. You should pay more attention to breathing if you want to get rid of stress. Just add this simple exercise to your daily routine, and you will notice a lot of improvement.
- Let go of few activities: simplify your to-do-list and manage your time it will be easier for you to handle all your tasks. Not all urgent tasks are important, you have to ask yourself if you don’t do it immediately will it matter a month from now.
- Close your eyes:Use you imagination while closing your eyes to let the world disappear. Think about positive things or places that make you feel happy for example: Imagine you’re on a tropical island laying on the golden sand, and some gentle breeze caressing your hair and skin. Vivid imagination is the key to get rid of anxiety and look at things from different angle.
- Positive Talk: repeat positive talk like “I can do it” and “Too determined to be defeated”. You can also use an empowering book and repeat your favorite positive quotes. This will help you maintain your confidence again.
- Listen to Music: Music has always been an entertaining and tension relief source. Just play your favorite song and think about the nice memories related to that song. You can also get up and dance it will instantly strike you with positive vibes and alter you into a better mood.