Looking for new hair and beauty clients?
Try the simple, but not always obvious way to attract new clients – partner with local businesses.
1. Choose the right partners for maximum new clients
Sounds obvious, but look for businesses which target the same customer audience as you: fashion retailers, restaurants, wedding dress shops, bars, health clubs, florists… you get the picture.
Business partnerships are not a quick-fire marketing tactic as you need to build trust and strong relationships. But they can deliver good quality new clients in the medium term and are well worth the work.
2. Persuade new clients with a seductive offer
Think through all the practical steps, and the offer terms and conditions in advance. This way you stay in control of the first meeting.
Your offer doesn’t have to be a freebie. In fact, unless you’re a start-up, an x% extra free promotion usually works a treat.
3. Explain how both businesses stand to gain new clients
Okay so you’ve decided on your salon offer. The next step is to approach the local business owner and explain how a partnership could thank and reward their clients, while opening up new markets for both of you.
It goes without saying that you must offer a high quality service at your salon or spa. No-one will promote a reward or gift to their loyal clients that isn’t up to scratch. To reassure your potential business partner invite them along to your salon or spa for an indulgent treat. Let them experience just how ‘wow’ your salon is, and dispel any nagging doubts.
4. The right marketing tools for the job
Promote yourself to their clients. And vice versa.
- Promote your offer on their website
- Give your leaflets out to their clients
- Post your offer on their Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter
- Pop promotional posters up in their premises
- Hand out your vouchers out at their till
- Promote your salon offer via their e-newsletter
And then return the marketing compliment. Remember it needs to be a win-win experience for both businesses.