One in every 5 people get a tattoo, and getting the tattoo might have been a difficult and lengthy decision, but once it’s healed and the excitement wears off, we tend to forget about taking good care of them.
Often we only think about taking care of the healing process, but protecting the skin against UV rays and loss of elasticity can ensure a beautiful tattoo for years to come.
At Elim we stumbled across a solution by chance. It was really coincidence when i was developing the Yoga range and I got my first tattoo. It was something I had been thinking about for many many years and it was a personal thing, like I think it is for many of us.
I knew I had to take care of it with more than Petroleum Jelly, I wanted something natural and something that allowed skin elasticity and that had some form of UV blocker with a healing active.
The only real product I had was Elim Restorative Cream we prescribe to pregnant woman and teens. I looked at the ingredients to see if it would work.
What I discovered was extraordinary:
This is what is in the Elim Restorative Cream.
- Urea was a brilliant skin conditioner.
- Safflower Seed Oil gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance immediately.
- Glyceryl Monostearate was added to make sure it is a non-sticky product. – definitely wanted this.
- Shea Butter for deep hydration.
- Lanolin soften and nourish the skin.
- Panthenol is a Vitamin B5 that acts as a super skin conditioner and food for the skin. Kind of a superfood.
- Cyclomethicone forms a protective barrier to lock in moisture and avoid water loss.
- Undiluted Vitamin E for extra hydration.
- Allantoin protects the skin against irritations.
- Lady’s Mantle is rich in essential oils and Vitamin C – regarded as the golden herb.
- Horsetail Extract is rich in minerals potassium and calcium to strengthen the skin.
- Common Ivy is known for blood vessel protection. – so no redness on my Tat.
- Honey is a natural humectant. – draws more moisture to my skin.
- Ylang-Ylang instantly relieves inflammation of the skin. – no wrinkles around my tat.
- Grapefruit Oil is a great source of Vitamin C and a super antioxidant.
My goodness what more could i ask for, this was a super product. It provided a great elasticity element to my skin, it protected me against UV rays, it hydrated my skin and it made my TAT shine.
I tried it, but I think I love my own products too much, so I gave it to my husband and friends to boost my own beliefs. They loved it! And then I started giving it to people i didn’t know. When they loved it, I knew we had a winner.
- A healer
- A UV protector
- A make me shiner
- A help me stretch
- A revive me and make me look new again
Make sure you don’t end up with a faded Tattoo. Take care of your art with the Elim BodyScience Restorative Cream. An Active Elasticity Enhancer.